Hounds at Hawaiian Falls, benefitting MADE in Texas Assistance Dogs, 490 Heritage Pkwy, Mansfield, TX 76063, September 9, 2018, 12:00PM-4:00PM
Pups and their human pals across North Texas are howling with excitement for Hounds at Hawaiian Falls! A community event geared towards the entire family, K9 kids included, Hounds at Hawaiian Falls presents a unique opportunity for pet parents to bring their pups for a day of fun in the sun at the water park, on the last day before the pools are drained and we say farewell to the summer season. Expect a tail-waggin’ good time with pups allowed in the Waikiki Beach Wave Pool, the Splashwater Reef Kiddie Pool, and the Kona Kooler Lazy River. There will also be refreshments for pups and people, games, giveaways, pet adoptions, and more!
Hounds at Hawaiian Falls seeks to honor those who serve our country by providing 250 complimentary admission tickets to veterans, active military, and first responders. These individuals are welcome to bring up to two dogs each at no cost, or come on their own. Our nation’s heroes do not need to purchase a ticket – simply reserve a ticket online, show identification or proof of service at the gate, and have a blast on us!
Hounds at Hawaiian Falls benefits MADE in Texas Assistance Dogs, a North Texas non-profit dedicated to providing highly trained service dogs to children and adults with disabilities. MADE’s service dogs act as lifeguards every day for their disabled partners so we are happy to give them a chance to take a break for a swim. For this pool party, humans are mandatory; dogs are optional but highly encouraged!
Pups will be welcome at the Waikiki Beach Wave Pool, the Splashwater Reef Kiddie Pool, and the Kona Kooler Lazy River. Please see the map below for locations of the dog-friendly park areas. Rides will be open and running for humans, but for their safety, dogs may not go on slides or rides. Each ticket purchased includes admission for one (1) dog. If adults wish to bring a second dog, there will be an extra $5 charge. No more than two (2) dogs per adult allowed.
- All guests must have a ticket to enter, with the exception of veterans, active military, and first responders, who must provide proof of service.
- All dogs must have proof of rabies vaccination in the form of rabies tag or certificate.
Dogs without a rabies tag dated 2015 or later, or without a valid rabies certificate, will not be permitted to enter the park. This is for the safety of all dogs and people who attend the event – we apologize for any inconvenience.
- Limit two (2) dogs per adult owner/handler. Second dog requires additional ticket.
- No dogs under the age of six (6) months, and no female dogs in heat allowed.
- All dogs MUST be friendly – no aggressive dogs allowed. Any fights between dogs must be attended to by the dogs’ owners/handlers. Dogs that demonstrate aggressive behavior will be asked to leave the park.
- Dogs may not go on rides/slides.
- Choke collars, prong collars, and martingale collars will not be allowed as they pose a safety hazard. Please bring all dogs on a flat or buckle collar.
- Dogs, and children under the age of twelve (12) are not to be left unattended.
- Life jackets for dogs are not required, but are recommended for puppies and/or weak swimmers.
- Help keep the park clean by throwing away all trash and animal waste. Trash containers and waste bags will be provided.
So purchase your tickets today and join us Sunday, September 9 from 12-4PM for a fun-filled day with Hounds at Hawaiian Falls!