Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 3rd Annual Candy Cane Fun Run. This year our event will be held on December 6, 2014 at Salyards Middle School. The great success of our event is mainly due to the high-quality of volunteers that help us put this event together. Below you will find the areas in which we need positions filled through our volunteers. Please select the position and time you will be able to help and we will contact you soon. Don't forget to put it on your calendar!
Candy Cane Fun Run
1. I understand that participating as a Volunteer in the Candy Cane Fun Run is a potentially hazardous activity.
2. I agree not to participate unless I am medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine.
3. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely volunteer, which decision is at the sole discretion of the race official and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability whatsoever.
4. I assume all risks associated with volunteering in the Candy Cane Fun Run, including, but not limited to, slips, falls, contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, any defects or condition of premises, or color zones, the effects of the weather including high heat, cold temperatures, storms and/or humidity. All such risks being known, assumed and appreciated by me.
5. I agree that the Candy Cane Fun Run is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost, stolen, stained or damaged at or during the event.
6. I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This Assumption and Release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
7. I understand and agree that pets are not permitted to accompany me as a volunteer, unless under necessary conditions previously explained to a race official.
8. I grant permission to the Candy Cane Fun Run, its affiliates and sponsors to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any purpose including, but not limited to, promoting, advertising and marketing purposes. Any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings or other records of the event are the sole property of the Candy Cane Fun Run.
9. I understand I am volunteering of my own free will, and will receive no monetary compensation for my volunteer hours.
10. The official race directors reserve the right in any event of emergency, extreme weather or local or national disaster to cancel the race.
11. Volunteers are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times, including obeying all laws. This includes respect for all people, equipment and facilities and cooperative, positive participation. The Candy Cane Fun Run race director may dismiss anyone whose behavior endangers safety or negatively affects a race, a person, a facility or property of any type or kind.
12. I agree to indemnify the Candy Cane Fun Run, its affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my actions
13. I assume risk of wild animals and insects that may be present on the course or facilities.
15. I am at least 18 years old, OR, if under 18, I have parental consent to these terms.