HAPPY MONDAY STRIDERS!!!
The Gold Cup season is just 5 days away! Here is what you need to know...
Gold Cup Race #1
SATURDAY MARCH 12, 2022 @ 9AM
Runnin' With the Irish 5K
Indiana Dunes State Park
1600 N CR-25
Chesterton, IN US 46304
In order to be eligible for Gold Cup scoring, Striders must sign up for the Run NOT the Non-Competitive Fitness Walk.
Early Packet Pickup
Thursday, March 10 - 10am-5:30pm - Extra Mile Fitness Co., 1330 E Lincolnway, Valparaiso
Friday, March 11 - 4:30pm-8pm Val's Pizza,112 S 11th St, Chesterton
Race Day Packet Pickup
Saturday, March 12 – 7:00-8:30am at the race site
**There will be no onsite registration. Online registration will remain open until 8:00am race morning. Participants wanting to register on race day should register at home on their computer or personal device before heading to the race site.**
Sponsored Race #1
THURSDAY MARCH 17, 2022 @ 5:30PM
St. Pat’s Pre-Parade 5K/1 Miler
St. Matthias Hall
101 W. Burrell Drive
Crown Point, IN US 46307
Don't forget that Striders that participate in 3 or more sponsored races in 2022 will receive an award at the end of year Gold Cup Banquet.
Race Day Packet Pickup & Late Registration
4:30 pm at St. Matthias Hall
Note from the RD:
Order your shirt by Tomorrow (03/08) for the St. Patrick's Day Pre-Parade 5K/1 Miler in Crown Point. Pint glass & light up necklace included while supplies last. Green beer & pizza served after!
Online Registration (Online Registration ends 11:59pm March 16th - There will be Race Day Registration)
In the attachments to this email, you will find for your convenience the most up to date copy of our Gold Cup Schedule, a copy of the membership application, as well as the currently available paper registrations for the following races:
- Gold Cup Race #2 - Ringing in Spring 5K (April 2)
- There will be NO Race Day Registration. Online registration will close April 1st at 11:59pm.
- Online Registration
- Gold Cup Race #3 - Spirit Run 5K (April 9)
- Gold Cup Race #4 - Resurrection Run 10K/5K (April 16)
- In order to be eligible for Gold Cup scoring, runners age 15 & over must complete the 10K, and runners 14 & under must complete the 5K.
- Online Registration
- Gold Cup Race #5 - Hub Run 5K (April 23)
- Gold Cup Race #6 - Run Like a Mother 5K (May 8)
- Gold Cup Race #7 - Valpo Police Guardians of the Night 5K-9 Run (May 13)
Group Runs this Week
Wednesday - Indoor Kids Group Run
5:30pm @ Dean and Barbara White Community Center
6600 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410
Thursday - Indoor Group Run (All Ages)
6:30pm @ Hammond Sportsplex
6630 Indianapolis Blvd, Hammond, IN 46323
Questions from the Week
- Why don't my login details work?
This could be one of a few things.
- If you signed up for the CalStriders by paper/mail, you will receive a set of computer generated login details once your application is uploaded. These are NOT the same login details from RunSignUp. If you cannot find this email, your application may not have been uploaded yet. Don't worry, any paper applications we receive will be uploaded, and if you signed up for Gold Cup, you will be scored.
- If you signed up for the CalStriders on RunSignUp prior to the move to The Driven / taking registrations through our own website, you should have received a set of computer generated login details on January 23rd when we did the transfer. These are NOT the same login details from RunSignUp. (If you had pre-existing 5 or 10 year memberships, this is you.) If you cannot find this email, feel free to reach out, and we will sort you out.
- If you did not have "active membership" during the transfer on January 23rd, you will not have active login details. Please sign up for a new account when you renew your membership.
- What do I need to do to be scored for a Gold Cup race?
A few simple things:
- Be a CalStrider! You can register online, or at the Gold Cup table at the Gold Cup race.
- Upgrade your membership to GOLD CUP prior to 11:59pm the night of the race. For example, for Runnin' With the Irish, please make sure you are upgraded prior to 11:59pm Saturday night. You can upgrade online, or at the Gold Cup table at the Gold Cup race.
- Keep the same name. This may sound simple, but please try to register for races with the same name you registered for membership. (Formal vs nickname, married name vs maiden name, simple last name vs double barreled, etc.)
- Check the scored results. Mistakes are made, it happens. We are all only human. The scored results will be published online within 24 hours of the race. Please check for any mistakes such as you being missing from the scored results. Please also check your age group to make sure that you are correctly placed. Remember, your Gold Cup age group is NOT dependent on your age the day of the race, but your age on July 1st. We want you to get the credit that you so rightly deserve!!! The sooner we know there is an issue, the easier it can be fixed. This is especially true for those with variations in your name as we get deeper in the season due to some weekends having multiple races. Race results are final 15 days after race day.
- How do I get my Gold Cup participant race discounts?
The Gold Cup participant discount is available on races on our Gold Cup schedule to Gold Cup participants. To that end, if you registered for Gold Cup prior to February 19th or by paper registration, you will have received a separate email with the discount code. If you registered online for Gold Cup after February 19th, your discount code can be found in your Gold Cup confirmation email.
A thank you to our sponsors!
The Calumet Region Striders is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We manage the club on donations and sponsorship. If you would like more information on our sponsorship program, please contact our Vice President at: firstname.lastname@example.org