THE 2022 GOLD CUP SEASON HAS BEGUN!!!
Welcome to the first of this season's Monday Weekend Round-Ups! Each Monday, following a Gold Cup race weekend, you will be receiving an email like this one with a recap of the previous weekend, as well as any follow up information you need to know.
But first, I just want to welcome all our new Striders! There were SO MANY new faces at the Gold Cup table and SO MANY new names on the Scored results! So welcome, and I hope you have an amazing season!
In this bulletin:
Gold Cup Race Recap
Runnin' With the Irish 5K
It was great seeing everybody out at the race on Saturday. And I am proud of every single one of you! It was a COLD ONE...! With that in mind, here are a few reminders:
- Scoring of the race has been completed, and you can find the scored results HERE. Please review the results for any issues, and report any discrepancies to the Statistician.
- We have also updated the standings, which can be found HERE. Again, please review and report any discrepancies to the Statistician.
- For those of you who are new, you may not be aware that one of the items at the Gold Cup table at each race is a race evaluation. All the feedback we receive on these evaluations goes to the race directors, as well as being integral to the construction of our schedule in future seasons. If you didn't get a chance to fill it out on Saturday, you can do so online HERE.
- Finally, we want your photos! In the spirit of the community, we want to put together an online album for each race this season! Any photos you wish to contribute can be emailed to the Archivist.
TOP 5 MALE
- Aaron Cook [18:58.8]
- Tim Gross [20:10.5]
- Brian Culbreth [20:32.9]
- Vincent Rinas [21:16.3]
- Ruben Falcon [21:57.7]
TOP 5 FEMALE
- Stephanie Burkholder [21:39.4]
- Amy Maciejewski [22:36.6]
- Marialena Nagel [22:46.9]
- Melissa Smith [24:11.8]
- Elaine Hendricks [24:31.2]
YOUNGEST & OLDEST MALE
- J. Nagel (Age 8) [43:46.7]
- Tom Magill (Age 93) [47:06.7]
YOUNGEST & OLDEST FEMALE
- O. Augustyn (Age 8) [31:33.4]
- Beverly J Calligan (Age 79) [51:54.4]
Races This Week
Sponsored Race #1
THURSDAY MARCH 17, 2022 @ 5:30PM
St. Pat’s Pre-Parade 5K/1 Miler
St. Matthias Hall
101 W. Burrell Drive
Crown Point, IN US 46307
Don't forget that Striders that participate in 3 or more sponsored races in 2022 will receive an award at the end of year Gold Cup Banquet.
Race Day Packet Pickup & Late Registration
4:30 pm at St. Matthias Hall
Online Registration (Online Registration ends 11:59pm March 16th - There will be Race Day Registration)
Note from Statistician: Striders that run/participate in the COMPETITIVE 5K will automatically receive credit towards the "2022 Sponsored Race Award" as long as their are listed in the official results. Striders that participate in the NON COMPETITIVE 5K/1MILE can receive participation credit by emailing the Statistician as there will be no official results to be processed.
In the attachments to this email, you will find for your convenience the most up to date copy of our Gold Cup Schedule, a copy of the membership application, as well as the currently available paper registrations for the following races:
- Gold Cup Race #2 - Ringing in Spring 5K (April 2)
- There will be NO Race Day Registration. Online registration will close April 1st at 11:59pm.
- Online Registration
- Gold Cup Race #3 - Spirit Run 5K (April 9)
- Gold Cup Race #4 - Resurrection Run 10K/5K (April 16)
- In order to be eligible for Gold Cup scoring, runners age 15 & over must complete the 10K, and runners 14 & under must complete the 5K.
- Online Registration
- Gold Cup Race #5 - Hub Run 5K (April 23)
- Gold Cup Race #6 - Run Like a Mother 5K (May 8)
- Gold Cup Race #7 - Valpo Police Guardians of the Night 5K-9 Run (May 13)
Group Runs this Week
Monday - Outdoor Group Run (All Ages)
6:00pm @ Ironwood Brewery
6 Roosevelt Rd, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Leader: Karen Spoor
Distance: 4 Miles
Wednesday - Indoor Kids Group Run
5:30pm @ Dean and Barbara White Community Center
6600 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410
Leaders: Deanna Grimes & Ed Caccavale
Thursday - Indoor Group Run (All Ages)
6:30pm @ Hammond Sportsplex
6630 Indianapolis Blvd, Hammond, IN 46323
Leader: Heather Hobson
Questions from the Week
- I am a Gold Cup member, but I haven't been scored... What do I do?
First, please check that you have purchased the Gold Cup upgrade. You can confirm this HERE. However, if you have purchased the upgrade, but still have issues, please contact the Statistician who will investigate. (She is human and can make mistakes).
- Why am I being scored in the (...) age group? Shouldn't I be in the age group below?
You age group for the entire Gold Cup season is based on your age on July 1, 2022.
- I see one of the award categories is "age graded". What is that?
You can read about age grading at https://usatfmasters.org/age-grading/ . If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk to our Statistician (Emily-Rose) at any Gold Cup race this season.
- I didn't make it to the 2021 Season Gold Cup banquet in January. Can I pick up my award?
Awards will be available at the Gold Cup table at each race for your collection.
- I just signed up for the Striders. Am I too late to submit miles for the "100 Mile Club"?
Nope! You can email your monthly totals for January and February to the Statistician.
- How do I view the "Strider Google Drive"?
You can access the Strider Google Drive HERE!
A thank you to our sponsors!
The Calumet Region Striders is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We manage the club on donations and sponsorship. If you would like more information on our sponsorship program, please contact our Vice President at: firstname.lastname@example.org