Each week, The Children's Hunger Project packs weekend meals for elementary school children that teachers know are coming to school hungry on Monday mornings. These children carry the much needed food home for the weekend in their backpack. It's a way to fight childhood hunger and malnutrition during the school year right here in Brevard County.
Space Coast Runners will be providing the volunteers to pack meals on Wednesday, September 8, 2021. The evening shift will be for 24 volunteers packing in two lines. Will you join us in this special SCR Gives Back outreach?
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS PER THE CHILDREN'S HUNGER PROJECT
Out of concern for the health and safety of our volunteers, we request the following:
- Ages 8 and up may participate in packing.
- No one who has had contact with or is living with someone who has Covid-19, displays symptoms, or who has not self-isolated in these instances, should attend. Masks are still required when children are present, as they are not currently being vaccinated.
- Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination. If your child participates and is NOT vaccinated, everyone participating in the packing event is required to mask up,, as a precaution (even if you as an adult, have been vaccinated).
Additionally, you should...
- Wear close toed shoes for packings.
- Wear a Space Coast Runner shirt or race shirt to show club spirit & support.
We'll be packing at The Children's Hunger Project facility which is located in Cocoa on 520 (1855 W King St, Cocoa, FL 32926). Please try to arrive a few minutes before your shift for check-in and bring your waiver. Thank you for being a part of this special volunteer event.